Friday, August 31, 2012

Bluecoat PacketShaper goes into safe mode

Couple of weeks ago after updating Packet Shaper new license, the device started going to safe mode. 
I tried to revert back old image (PacketShaper v9.1.1g1), but device was still going safe mode, cannot even load latest firmware. (PacketShaper v9.1.3g1) giving me an error.
So I followed below steps.
Backup of configuration from CLI.
setup capture complete backup.cmd
cd cfg
delete CONFIG.LDI
delete TRAFFIC.CFG
delete SETTINGS.CFG

reset
But still the device going to safe mode. so as a last resort option i decided to factory reset the device, from the browser ftp://xx.xx.xx.xx/cmd
Download the backup.cmd file.

setup reset all
Device came up with default IP Address: 207.78.98.254
Add a matching subnet on the computer, from the cmd:
ftp 207.78.98.254
cd 9.258/
put 9_1_3.zoo (make sure to put image file in cmd directory)
bye
Now load the image.
telnet 207.78.98.254
cd 9.258/
image load 9_1_3.zoo
It fixed the safe mode issue, and even I have updated firmware same time. I could have loaded the old configurations backup file i took. but its so messy full of unnecessary traffic classes and partition that in my organization don't need, so I did the configurations and traffic classes, partition from scratch to keep it clean.
Works Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment